Thursday, August 6, 2009

Literature

I love literature. I am amazed at the way in which immortal words are able to influence generation after generation long after the author has moved on. They have the ability to inspire words of our own, or at least thoughts of our own, and sometimes even the will to act upon those thoughts; to change out little corner of the universe and expand our circle of influence. I believe that when literature has done this, it has fulfilled its purpose.

I have always envied those who are able to write about their otherwise boring lives in a way that captivates and seizes the attention of their once passive but now entranced readers. I have found few authors that are successful in this quest, but when I do, I can't get enough. I am amazed by their ability to employ charm and wit to captivate readers; to ensnare them in the telling of even the sweet, if not overwhelmingly exciting, novels. Their stories are ones in which anyone suddenly feels the unwavering desire to be part of; to somehow capture the feelings depicted there and implement them in their own lives. I don't know how they do it, but I am certain that this is the type of author I wish someday to be. I want to be captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment