Friday, April 24, 2009
Sunshine Freckle Time
So after pondering my "too white for white" moment, I started thinking of other downfalls of the ginger situation. What I came up with is a characteristic that affects a rather large percentage of the red head population. We as a ginger community have been, what I consider to be, blessed with the most easily ridiculed hair color and a skin-tone the likes of which burns fire-red with mere momentary contact with the sun. However, the one characteristic typical of red heads that I would have preferred to have been passed on to another hair-color clan is freckles. I mean, come on. Now, I am not referencing the occasional smattering of freckles that has the ability to appear on the faces of brunettes, blondes and red heads alike. No, those are nice, tasteful, and hardly obtuse. What I am referring to are the brown spots that tend to consume an onlooker's entire attention; the distractingly dark patches that appear not only on the face, but on hands, knees, shoulders, elbows, feet and practically any other body part, visible or not, and which typically occur solely on red heads. Those freckles that hide dormant in the shade, merely the simple array enjoyed by non-ginger persons, but the likes of which strike loudly and with a vengeance when introduced to sunlight. Now, seriously, this hardly seems fair. In my opinion, the unfavorable genetic characteristics should be equally distributed among the various hair-color groups, but no. They are unthoughtfully and unequivocally added to the plight of the red head. Well, my fellow gingers, it seems that this must be our burden to bare. The best that we have to hope for is that, in our ever-vigilant attempts to avoid the sun's rays, we will be the least prominent hair color to be diagnosed with skin cancer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment